Minutes of the Northwest Michigan Libertarian Party (NWMLP) Business Meeting
Tuesday, April 9, 2098 @ 6:30PM
Online meeting via Zoom
- Call Meeting to Order- Chairperson Gundle-Krieg called the meeting to order at 6:43PM. Zoom technology was an issue at this meeting due to recent changes. Until next winter, we will attempt to have in-person meetings.
- Roll Call-
Present- Chairperson: Donna Gundle-Krieg Officers: Ben Schultz, Kristen Olsen, David Holmer.
Absent: Peter Bisrupski, Ben Boren
Others: Robert Clark
- Announcements- None.
- Approval of Minutes-Donna made a motion to correct the March meetings as Jim Krantz was not a delegate. David moved to accept the corrected minutes. Kristen seconded. Motion passed 4-0.
- Convention this weekend in Bay City. Northern Michigan delegates will sit together. There are many important bylaw changes being proposed, and new state leadership will be elected. Northern Michigan is sending a record 13 delegates, including 7 from our group.
- Vice Chair absent
- Political Director
- David will work with Donna to contact all the candidates we currently have running for election, and we will schedule our next meeting to meet these candidates and discuss their needs.
- Outreach and Membership Director
- The presentation David and Ben Schulz did at the Tea Party was a success.
- Future outreach suggestion was on Ben’s front lawn in center of Buckley where Memorial Parade goes by. We will discuss details at the next meeting.
- We would like to get t-shirts to wear as a group to our outreach programs. Ben Schulz with work on a design, colors, an inexpensive vendor etc. Hopefully we can order t-shirts, jackets etc.
- Secretary Absent
- Treasurer- None.
- Our next meeting is Tuesday May 14th at 6:30 at the West End Tavern 2719 S West Bay Shore Dr, Traverse City Donna will be absent. Ben Boren will run the meeting in her place. Ben Schulz moved that he act as chair if Ben Boren is unavailable. David seconded the motion. Passed 4-0.
- Adjournment- Chairperson Gundle-Krieg adjourned the meeting at 7:20PM