Minutes of the Northwest Michigan Libertarian Party (NWMLP) Convention
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 @ 6:30PM
Incredible Mo’s, Grawn
- Call Meeting to Order- Chairperson Gundle-Krieg called the meeting to order at 6:45PM.
2. Roll Call- Chairperson Donna Gundle-Krieg, Vice-Chairperson Ben Boren, Treasurer Kristen Kuhn, Political Director David Holmer, Membership and Outreach Director Ben Schulz, Members Peter Biskupski, Philip Lindsay, Lauren Elizabeth Todd, Justin Todd.
3. Approval of Minutes- Motion to Approve by Ben Schulz, Seconded by Ben Boren, motion passes 9-0.
4. 2020 Calendar: David Holmer moved to approve the proposed 2020 calendar. Ben Boren seconded the motion. Motion passes 9-0.
- Bylaw Changes: David Holmer moved to split the Vice chair and Outreach Director, have two at-large directors, and require 51% attendance for a quorum. Ben Boren seconded the motion. Motion passes 9-0. David Holmer made a motion to approve the bylaw changes as amended. Phil Lindsay seconded the motion. Motion passes 9-0.
- Officer Elections:
- Ben Schulz moved for Peter Biskupski to be Chair. Ben Boren seconded the motion. Ben Boren then nominated None of the Above (NOTA). Peter Biskupski is new chair 8-0.
- Ben Boren moved for Ben Schulz to be Vice Chair. David Holmer seconded the motion. David Holmer then nominated NOTA. Ben Schulz is new vice-chair 8-0.
- Philip Lindsay moved for Ben Boren to be Membership and Outreach Director. David Holmer seconded the motion. David Holmer then nominated NOTA. Ben Boren is new Membership and Outreach Director 8-0.
- Ben Boren moved for Kristen Kuhn to be Secretary. David Holmer seconded the motion. David Holmer then nominated NOTA. Kristen Kuhn is new Secretary 8-0.
- Kristen Kuhn moved for Donna Gundle-Krieg to be Political Director. Ben Schulz seconded the motion. Ben Schulz then nominated NOTA. Donna Gundle-Krieg is new Political Director, 8-0.
- David Holmer moved for Phil Lindsay to be At-Large Officer. Peter Biskupski seconded the motion. Phil Lindsay is At-Large Officer 9-0.
- David Holmer moved for Lauren Elizabeth Todd to be At-Large Officer. Ben Boren seconded the motion. Ben Lauren Elizabeth Todd is At-Large Officer 9-0.
7. Selection of Delegates for March state convention: The following members were nominated to represent Northwest Michigan Libertarians at the March state convention: Donna Gundle-Krieg, Ben Boren, Kristen Kuhn, David Holmer, Peter Biskupski, Philip Lindsay, and Jason Evans. David Holmer moved to approve the list of delegates. Phil Lindsay seconded the motion. Motion passes 9-8. Adjournment- Motion to adjourn by Ben Boren, seconded by David Holmer, Motion passes 9-0 Chairperson Gundle-Krieg adjourned the meeting at 7:25 PM